Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sketch In Progress

Joined a website a bit ago and there is a contest going for one of the members there for her personal character Birdfin. I haven't been drawing much lately and I started this sketch just over a week ago because I love the character design.


I mean what is more fun then drawing a winged Raptor right? Well I have to say I did fix her brow and her feet since I was dumb enough to not pay enough attention to the foot structure when I started. Now the feet are much more raptor-y. I'm hoping to have this image finished and inked today. Maybe even the color flats thrown in. I have an idea for the background but that may have to just be thrown in in photoshop since I don't know if I feel like drawing it in by hand and inking it but we'll see.

Birdfin's color scheme:

Blue scleara eyes
Silver facial markings and belly
Black body
Golden wings

Should be interesting to color up. For those that know me they know I really dislike coloring yellow/golden things so this will be a challenge yet again but I am going to tackle it with gusto. Hey maybe a finished piece for my gallery right!

No comments:

Post a Comment